Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mother's bread rising bowl...

I have so many wonderful childhood memories and the other day as I was cooking up a batch of my children's favorite brownies, I pulled this beautiful bowl out from underneath my counter.
Remembering all the memories attached to this bowl brings lots of happiness to me.
We had a pull out cutting board in the home where I grew up and funny enough I have one in my kitchen also. I was able to walk right under it when my mother was baking. She must have made lots of bread because I remember loving to stay just underneath the cutting board and hugging her legs...sweet memories of my mother in the kitchen cooking up nutritious yummy stuff for us.
It's funny now that I think of it, most of my sweetest memories are attached to a kitchen item. Like the electric skillet my grama cooked us bacon on, etc. Anyhow, thank you mom for giving me this bowl and thank you most of all for every minute in the kitchen that I spent with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment